Saturday, January 7, 2023

CLOCK/TIMER - - THE FINAL BUILD OUT

OK, friends. Since I was ordering boards for the Power Supplies, I went ahead and ordered boards for the Clock Display. That way I can proceed with the clock enclosure . I can replace the CLOCK BOARDS at a later date. But I want to get the displays mounted in the final position. SO let's make it so....

First a look at the Schematic for the DISPLAY:

I made some changes in the final design. I eliminated the Molex connector for +5 V and GND, as well as the power LED. The GND is now obtained thru Pins 15 & 16 of J3. I also added separate feed for the Blinking LED's. 

Here is the FINAL Display Schematic.



JP1 receives the 1 sec pulse for the semi-colons via J2 Pins 15 & 16. You can choose either the LED in between the digits OR you can use the Decimal point on the individual displays. It's your choice.


And the BOARD Views: 




Now that the boards are here, let's stuff some components and check it out.



So here is the final Display Board for the Clock.



And here they are temporarily mounted:


Now I need to remake the switch panel with some JLCPCB boards.

I will wait for all the board BEFORE I build the cabinet.

I also decided to replace the factory made 5 V Power Supply. JLCPCB had a minimum of 5 boards, so I have some of the 5V boards left over.

So, the plan is to get a 12 or 24V DC power pack and feed that to the 5V supply.


Here is the power supply.........

Now I need to get the 12 & 24 hour clock circuit boards made.

Since JLCPCB ships from China I am trying to do a multiple board order and save a bit on the shipping.





No comments:

Post a Comment

ANALOG VU METER BOARD

Let's talk about the Analog VU Meter Bridge. I decided to make the Meter Bridge separate from the mixer, because of limited space inside...